How to Run Background Checks
Learn step by step how to run a background checks, read the status results and costs.
- Click on the Funnel link on the side menu.
- Click on the name of one of the Applicants/Candidates
- Click on the blue button "Run Background Check"
4. A window will display "Select a Package" pick the plan that works for you.
5. Accept the check boxes and Press "Run"
What's happens when I press Run? The system will:
- Validate is the SSN it's formatted in the correctly
- Verify that you have Driver's license number and state.
- If both of the above are valid, then the system will start the process of running the background check and will return with a Clear or Consider status.
Note: If any of the validations fail they system won't run the background. You must go back to the applicant and enter/edit their data correctly.
What's a Clear, Consider or Suspended statuses mean on the background check results?
- Clear: It's clean, there's no issues found on this applicant.
- Consider: Includes information that must be reviewed by your team before making a hiring decision.
- Suspended: Usually a report will be suspended because Checkr, has requested information or documentation from the applicant, and has not yet received it. Typically this is a because there's typo in their SSN or Driver's license at the time of summiting their application. Checkr does send an email to the candidate's emails asking to upload their documents to to the "Candidate Portal" to finish processing their background check.
Need more information understanding the reports? Read here directly by Checkr.
Plans + Pricing:
We offer two types of background checks:
- Comprehensive $50.00 per report+ pass-through fees (Includes MVR)
- Standard $45.00 + pass-through fees (does not include MVR)
What's included in the different plans?
Common FAQ's before running background checks.
Why is important to have the motor vehicle report (MVR) when evaluating cleaning candidates?
The MVR contains speeding tickets, traffic violations, DWI info, accidents, etc. It's one the most important pieces of data when you're considering hiring a cleaning employee. This will tell you exactly who they are. A clean MRV is good sign of a good employee, a MVR with issues, it's a show stopper for us. We recommend to always get the MVR and know exactly who are you dealing with.
When do you advice to purchase a Comprehensive report?
When I want to know exactly all the information that there is out there about an applicant, before sending them to a customer's home.
This report is the most comprehensive in the industry, There will additional fees dues to the vast amount of research that goes through, but it’s well worth it if you want to know the all the civil and driving records of an applicant.
What are the "pass-through fees"?
Some counties and all state DMVs charge fixed fees to retrieve criminal or driving records (see which states charge fees). Some state courts also have additional fixed fees to retrieve criminal records. We will charge these fees to the credit card on file as “pass-through fees” automatically when we get invoiced by Checkr.
How and when I pay for pass-through fees?
You will be charged the price for the package report at the moment you run it but the pass-through fees come typically between 2-4 weeks after. You will see the charge in your card by We Do Good, LLC - Pipehire.
How do I know which applicants generated additional fees?
You will receive an invoice from us with the details of the applicant and the states that generated extra fees for your records. Pipehire does not markup these fees. All companies that run background checks have these fees. For an official list of of these fees visit this page.
Can I know ahead of time how much I'm going to pay for pass-through fees?
Unfortunately no, not even us Pipehire. The reason is that we don't know what states and counties this applicant lived years ago that could generate the extra fees. So it's hit or miss with the states that charge fees. Not all states charge fees. One that does and the highest is NY state with $95.00 county court fees. So my advice is that be willing to spend $50-$150 for a report with MVR. For an official list of of these fees visit this page.
Who's the provider for Pipehire background checks?
Checkr is a San Francisco-based company that runs millions of background checks per month for more than 10,000 customers, including, Uber, Lyft, Thumbtack, and eyewear seller Warby Parker. We connect to them via an API. Your information is safe and it's encrypted in their system, we don't keep or save any of that, we simple are a bridge. Click here to view video of how their process works.