How to Run Background Checks
Learn how to run a background check, read the status results and costs.
Written by Juan Chaparro
Updated over a week ago
- Click on the Funnel link on the side menu.
- Click on the name of one of the Applicants/Candidates
- Click on the blue button "Run Background Check"
4. A window will display "Select a Package" pick the plan that works for you.
5. Click Run
What's happens when I press Run? The system will:
- Validate is the SSN it's formatted in the correctly
- Verify that you have Driver's license number and state.
- If both of the above are valid, then the system will start the process of running the background check and will return with a Clear or Consider status.
If any of the validations fail they system won't run the background. You must go back to the applicant and enter/edit this data.
What's a Clear, Consider or Suspended statuses mean on the background check results?
- Clear: It's clean, there's no issues found on this applicant.
- Consider: Includes information that must be reviewed by your team before making a hiring decision.
- Suspended: Usually a report will be suspended because Checkr, has requested information or documentation from the applicant, and has not yet received it. Typically this is a because there's typo in their SSN or Driver's license at the time of summiting their application. Checkr does send an email to the candidate's emails asking to upload their documents to to the "Candidate Portal" to finish processing their background check.
Need more information understanding the reports? Read here directly by Checkr
Plans + Pricing:
Driver Pro ($50) and Pro Criminal ($40), below the differences:
The only difference is the Motor Vehicle Report.
Why is important to have the motor vehicle report (MVR) when evaluating cleaning candidates?
The MVR contains speeding tickets, traffic violations, DWI info, accidents, etc. It's one the most important pieces of data when you're considering hiring a cleaning employee. This will tell you exactly who they are. A clean MRV is good sign of a good employee, a MVR with issues, it's a show stopper for us. We recommend to always get the MVR and know exactly who are you dealing with.
Who's the provider?
Checkr is a San Francisco-based company that runs millions of background checks per month for more than 10,000 customers, including, Uber, Lyft, Thumbtack, and eyewear seller Warby Parker. We connect to them via an API. Your information is safe and it's encrypted in their system, we don't keep or save any of that, we simple are a bridge. Click here to view video of how their process works.